Estimated Reading Time: 1
Suspected armed bandits are currently attacking Yar Doka and Kongo villages in Magami district of Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara, Daily Trust Newspaper is reporting.
Residents said dozens of gunmen laid siege Wednesday morning firing at them.
The resident of the Yar Doka community had earlier deserted their homes after a deadly raid by the armed men some months ago.
“They attacked the community and burnt their food stores.
“The residents had to take shelter in Magami town located 7 km west of the community.
“They decided to return [recently] unknown to them that the armed criminals are planning to attack them again.
“They are now moving from one village to another.
“I saw injured residents being conveyed to medical facilities.
“The vigilantes known as Yan Sakai had gone to Yar Doka community to repel the attack but were forced to return by the superior firepower of the assailants,” a resident identified as Babangida said.
The spokesman of the police command in the state, SP Muhammad Shehu, could not be reached for comment at the time of filing this report.
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South
- Governor Obaseki dissolves AAU’s governing council