Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former Military Administrator of Oyo State, Colonel Ahmed Usman, is dead.
NewsWireNGR gathered that he died around 3.00am on Wednesday in Jos, the Plateau State capital, during an illness.
Sources say his remains were being moved to his village, Okura-Lafia, Kogi State for burial according to Muslim rites.Usman was military administrator of Ondo State from August 1994 to August 1996.
He governed Oyo from August 1996 to August 1998 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha.
As the chairman of MILADS of the Odu’a states, he had a running battle with persons who bought assets of Odu’a companies, some of which were retrieved.
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies