Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Police Command has praised some of its officers for rejecting a N500,000 bribe offered to them during an operation.
This is contained in a statement released by Muyiwa Adejobi, the Lagos police spokesperson on Tuesday.
Mr Adejobi hailed the police operatives, who are attached to Area E Command at Festac, accosted five men with stolen construction material belonging to China Construction Engineering Company (CCEC) at midnight on Sunday.
“The Police operatives attached to Area E Command, Festac Lagos State, on 11th April, 2021, at about 3am, accosted five (5) suspects in a Ford Bus with Reg. Number FST 679 XZ, with some 25mm iron rods, property of China Construction Engineering Company (CCEC) between Volks Bus Stop and Iyana Iba, Lagos State.
“The suspects, when arrested by the police operatives, were alleged to have offered a bribe of Five Hundred Thousand only (#500,000) to the police operatives who rejected the offer and went ahead to arrest them with the stolen Iron rods,” the police spokesperson said.
The suspects are Lawal Saheed, 40; Taofeek Adenigba, 43; Ope Olowolayemo, 28; Azeez Jamie, 41; and Omotayo Adewale, 34.
The police said the stolen items recovered from the suspects are some pieces of 25mm iron rods, one Nozzle, one gas cylinder and Ford Bus with Reg. No. FST 697 XZ.
“The management of CCEC has been contacted by the police and identified the stolen items to be their property,” the police spokesperson added.
- Ogun Police say, anyone planning to attack any station in the state is on a “suicide mission”
- NDLEA busts an alleged online drug trafficking cartel that sells to Abuja residents
- Insecurity: We urge Nigerians to boycott Democracy day – Coalition of Civil society in Nigeria tackle Buhari
- UNIBEN warn admission seekers to be wary of the activities of racketeers
- Wike says “no amount of intimidation will make the state succumb to any secessionist”
- We are against payment of ransom to bandits – Arewa Consultative Forum
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll