Estimated Reading Time: 1
A father and son have been killed as arms-wielding bandits attacked Wawan Rafi II village in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Monday morning.
The two victims were identified as Joshua Dauda and his seven-year-old son, Philip Dauda.
The attackers also burnt seven houses, one car and one motorcycle.
Confirming the incident in a press statement on Tuesday, Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said security operatives mobilised to the area forced the assailants to retreat into the forests. The troops recovered eight empty cases of 7.62mm ammunition at the scene of the attack.
“So far, two corpses have been retrieved. The citizenry will be updated on further developments,” he said.
When contacted, the Chairman Atyap Chiefdom Peace and Security Partnership Committee, Mr. John Bala Gora, said the numbers of those killed, according to Zangon Kataf Local Government Council, exceeded four people.
Gora said they received a message from the Council Secretary of Zangon Kataf local government, Elisha Sako, who gave the names of those killed as: Dauda Joshua, 54, Philip Dauda, 8, Francis Ayuba, 30 and Florence Denis, 3.
The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, noted the reports with sadness and prayed for the repose of the souls of those killed in the attack while offering heartfelt condolences to their families.
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South