Connect with us

Main

CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled

Published

on

Estimated Reading Time: 1


The Ministry of Information and Culture has reportedly recalled the Head, Press and Public Relations of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Ibraheem Al-Hassan, over the controversial statement he recently issued in the aftermath of the assault incident involving the tribunal’s chairman, Danladi Umar.

PREMIUM TIMES reports that Mr Al-Hassan, who was deployed to the CCT as his place of primary assignment in 2013, had his last day at the tribunal at Jabi, Abuja, on Friday, following the ministry’s directive recalling him.

According to the report, Ibraheem handed over to the Chief Registrar of the CCT, Abdumalik Shaibu, while departing on Friday.

“He was recalled as the head of media unit of the CCT on Friday and asked to hand over to the Chief Registrar of the tribunal. We understand that he will still remain at the Ministry of Information to await fresh posting, that is if the ministry is inclined towards sending him out again,” a source revealed.

The CCT’s Chief Registrar, Mr Shaibu, on Tuesday, also confirmed that Mr Al-Hassan had been recalled by the Ministry of Information.

“He was posted to us to the CCT by the Ministry of Information and he has been with us (CCT) for a very long time.

“He is not our member of staff, he was posted here, but they recalled him on Friday and, they have posted somebody else here,” Mr Shaibu said.

Asked if the new person has resumed duties, the official said, “the new person has not resumed because of some personal reasons. The person would likely resume this week”

NewsWireNGR recalls that Ibraheem’s controversial statement had drawn public outcry due to the grammatical errors and the attempt at ethnic profiling through the use of bigoted language.

Ibraheem Al-Hassan had issued the controversial statement in defence of Mr Umar who was seen in the viral video footage kicking and slapping Clement Sagwak, a security guard at Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja, on March 29.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *