Estimated Reading Time: 1
The police in Federal Capital Territory, Abuja has disclosed it arrested 17 suspected cultists as part of its ongoing efforts to combat criminal elements in the city.
According to the statement released by the Commissioner of Police for the FCT Command, ASP Yusuf Mariam, the suspects were arrested along the Gwagwalada, Gwagwa, Lugbe, and Kurudma axis.
The all male suspects are; Peter Ajari 22years, Jacob Terkaa 27years, Isiaka Abdulmalik 19years, Akadiri Ay 23years, Nnamdi George 23years, Tony Enejo 23 years, Abioze Samuel Cole 35years, Samuel Mbachongu 29years, Michael Malachi 36years, Mbani Chukwuebuka 34years, Monday Orgar 24years, Onyeaka Chinonye 33years, Christian Chidebere 42years, Chukwuebuka Onijbo 24 years, Okife Zion 23years, Umoh Faith 22years and Emmanuel Obinna 31years.
The ASP further disclosed that the suspects were arrested by Police Operatives from the Command’s Anti-Cultism Unit during the coordinated raids and patrols between Monday 5th-Friday 9th April 2021.
The suspects have confessed to be members of Vikings and Aro Baga confraternities terrorising these areas.
Exhibits recovered from the suspects are: three (3) locally made pistols, and two (2) rounds of live ammunition, four (4) cartridges, two (2) knives chain, one (1) axe, one (1) cutlass, wraps of dried leaves suspected to be Indian hemp and charms.
“All the suspects will be arraigned in court upon conclusion of the investigation,” the statement partly read.
“The Command implores residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency or distress, through these numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883, to report the conduct of Police Officers, call the Public Complaint Bureau (PCB) number: 09022222352”.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds