Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Inter-Tribal Association of Nigeria (ITAN) has urged Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi to contest the 2023 presidential election.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Secretary of the group, Jabir Maiturare, on Saturday in Kaduna.
Mr Maiturare said that ITAN, which comprised different tribes and religions drawn from all parts of the country, had x-rayed many aspiring candidates who showed interests either publicly or otherwise in joining the 2023 presidential race.
“After our consultation and review of personalities who think they have what it takes to lead the country, we resolved to advocate for Bello, who is a youth and capable of taking Nigeria to the promised land,’’ Mr Maiturare stated.
According to him, Mr Bello has always expanded the scope of youth and women’s participation in governance, which makes ITAN stand for him.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student