Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state in spite of the predictions of those he called “dooms-day-prophets”
Lawan said this on Saturday while flagging off 2021 empowerment project to 2,000 beneficiaries of Katsina Central organised by Sen Kabir Barkiya.
According to him, the current administration needs the support and prayers of Nigerians.
He said: “Those who were saying that in the present circumstance caused by insecurity, that Nigeria could turn a failed state, approaching a fail state or may likely end up a fail state, are missing the point because Nigeria can never be a fail state.
“Again they forget that when a state of emergency was declared in some part of the north east during Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria did not turn a fail state talk more of present.
“It is necessary that all stakeholders should join hands in the fight with the present administration under President Muhammadu Buhari to overcome the present challenges facing the nation.” he said.
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka
- “The President condones these criminals” – Reactions as Buhari appeals to terrorists to release abducted Nigerians
- Just In: Terrorists have attacked and kidnapped nearly 100 people in Niger State
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked