Estimated Reading Time: 1
Transport minister Rotimi Amaechi has ordered the Managing Director of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), Fidet Okhiria to sack any staff involved in ticket racketeering.
It comes amidst concern over a booming racketeering of train tickets despite safeguards.
Speaking to Journalists on Friday during a press briefing at the Federal Ministry of Transportation annual briefing in Abuja, the minister said all passengers must show their means of identification which must match their train tickets before boarding.
“If they don’t match your face with the ticket, they shouldn’t allow you board. If racketeering is still happening it is still then the NRC staff or and the Secured ID staff are involved. That’s the only way racketeering can still happen,” he said.
The minister also announced that the National Transportation Policy will be ready before the year ends.
- NDLEA expresses worry over marijuana-laced cakes as lawmaker makes a case for legalization
- Breaking: Again, Buhari seeks new N2.342tr external loan
- Osogbo youths protest EFFC raids and alleged harassment
- Dubawa inducts 26 fact-checkers for 2021 West Africa-wide fellowship
- Governor El-Rufai declares NLC President Wabba wanted
- Kaduna Governor curses rights activist, Chidi Odinkalu
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’