Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu has presented provisional licenses to twenty new private universities recently approved by the Federal Executive Council.
The new universities, which were approved by the Federal Executive Council in February, 2021, bring the total number of the nation’s private universities to 99.
The names of the new universities, the proprietors and board of trustees’ chairmen are as follows;
- Topfaith University, Mkpatak, Akwa Ibom State, Proprietor; Thomas Abraham Foundation, Chairman – Emmanuel Thomas.
2.Thomas Adewumi University, Oko-Irese, Kwara State; Proprietor; Decrown West African Company Limited, Chairman-John Akanya.
3.Maranta University, Mgbidi, Imo State; Proprietor; Elim International Studies and Management Limited; Chairman- Chukwuemeka Ngubo
4.Ave-Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa State; Proprietor, Ave Maria Foundation, Chairman; Matthew Audu
5.Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila, Kano State; Proprietor, Al-Istiqama College of Health Sciences and Technology Sumaila Ltd; Chairman – Suleiman Kawu Sumaila
6.Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo State, Proprietor; Mudiame International Ltd. Chairman – Okoeguale Momodu.
7.Havila University, Nde-Nkom, Cross River State, Proprietor ; Steady Flow International Ltd, Chairman – Florence Obi
8.Claretian University of Nigeria, Nekede, Imo State, Proprietor; Claretian University Education Foundation, Chairman – Hilary Dachelem
9.Karl-Kumm University, Vom, Plateau State, Proprietor; The Church of Christ in Nigeria, Chairman- Suleiman Bogoro
10.Nok University, Kachia, Kaduna State, Proprietor; Sherah Educational Resources Ltd, Chairman – Matthew Kukah
11.James Hope University, Lekki, Lagos State, Proprietor; James Hope Foundation, Chairman-Jim Ovia
12.Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria, Gwarzo, Kano State, Proprietor ; Adamu Abubakar Gwarzo Foundation. Chairman- Bello Gwarzo
- Capital City University, Warawa, Kano State, Proprietor; Accessible and Quality Higher Education Foundation, Chairman-Sani Muhammed
14.Ahman Pategi University, Pategi, Kwara State, Proprietor; Aliyu Ahman Pategi Foundation, Chairman-Aliyu Ahman-Pategi.
- University of Offa, Kwara State, Proprietor; Pak Unity Petroleum Company Ltd, Chairman – Rasaq Oyewale.
16.Mewar University, Masaka, Nasarawa State, Proprietor ; Key Science Education Foundation, Chairman – Salihu Mustafa
17.Edusoko University, Bida, Niger State, Proprietor; Multi-Gold International Ltd, Chairman-Yahaya Abubakar
18.Philomath University, Kuje, Abuja, Proprietor; Grace Garden International School Ltd; Chairman – Collins Aimuan
19.Khadija University, Majja, Jigawa State, Proprietor; Khadija University Limited, Chairman – Najib Adamu
20.ANAN University, Kwall, Plateau State, Proprietor; Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, Chairman-Muhammad Mainoma
It would be recalled that the federal government had on February 2021, approved the establishment of 20 new private universities
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami