Estimated Reading Time: 1
About eight people have been killed in separate attacks by terrorists in Kajuru and Kachia Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.
A statement by the state’s Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said four persons were also injured in the attacks that happened on Tuesday.
These come as four female members of the Anglican Church at Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru LGA were also reportedly kidnapped
In one of the attacks in the state, Aruwan said “armed bandits barricaded the Kaduna-Kachia road around Kadanye village in Kajuru LGA, and opened fire on a bus, as well as a truck carrying firewood”, killing five persons including the driver.
The statement also revealed that three persons were injured in this attack and are currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital in the state.
In another attack, the commissioner noted that armed bandits “barricaded the Kaduna-Kachia road at the Doka axis of Kajuru LGA and shot at a truck, killing the driver.
“Any further details received on casualties will be communicated to the citizenry”.
Similarly, in Kachia LGA, armed bandits invaded a herder’s settlement in Inlowo village, and “killed one Ibrahim Alhaji Haruna, before carting away 180 cows”.
Also, the bandits had invaded Akilbu village in the same Kachia LGA, shot at a vehicle and injured two persons, Mansur Ibrahim and Muhammadu Aminu.
“Mansur Ibrahim later died in hospital while Muhammadu Aminu continues to receive treatment,” Aruwan said.
“The security agencies are presently conducting operations at identified locations in the general area. The government will make details public on the receipt of operational feedback,” the statement said.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami