Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two mobile police officers in Taraba State have been shot dead
The two officers were murdered on Monday night at a checkpoint in Dogon-Gawa community located in Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.
The checkpoint is located on the highway linking Takum Local Government Area and Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State.
Confirming the incident, Chairman of Takum Local Government Area, Shiban Tikari revealed the colleagues of the deceased police officers went to a nearby town to get foodstuff for all of them before the gunmen struck.
He condemned the incident and added that the gunmen came in motorbikes. ”This is indeed unfortunate and uncalled for. They came on motorcycles, opened fire on the two police officers unexpectedly, killed them, and took away their rifles.
“The two police officers that were killed were left by their colleagues to man the checkpoint who went to a nearby town to get foodstuff for all of them. The gunmen came on motorcycles, they open fire on the two policemen, killed them, and took away their rifles.
“This has caused tension, but I have tried my best to calm the situation down,” he said.
The council chairman however revealed that the bandits usually disguise in special joint tax force uniforms to commit such heinous crime.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems