Estimated Reading Time: 1
Master Warrant Officer, Sa’idu Afaka, the official driver of President Muhammadu Buhari, is dead.
According to a statement from the presidency, Afaka died at the State House Clinic on Tuesday.
“President Muhammadu Buhari extends heartfelt condolences to the family of Afaka on the passing of Master Warrant Officer, Sa’idu Afaka, his official driver, who died at the State House Clinic on Tuesday after a prolonged illness.
“President Buhari, who also commiserates with the Government and people of Kaduna State, described the late Afaka as an honest, capable and reliable person who handled his job with utmost care and responsibility.
“The President recalls that in 2016 the soldier, while on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, picked up a bag containing a large amount of foreign currencies and turned it over to the National Hajj Commission, an action which earned him praises from the Saudi and Nigerian authorities.
“President Buhari prays Almighty Allah to ‘‘bless the soul of the departed with an elevated place in heavens,’’ committing the family and friends to divine comfort and patience,” read the statement issued by Malam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to The President on Media And Publicity.
The president is currently in London for a medical check-up.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds