Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, has returned to to the Air Component of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Maiduguri and after receiving a brief from the Air Component Commander, Air Commodore Nnamdi Ananaba, on the ongoing collaborative efforts with the Nigerian Army (NA) to locate the actual site of the Alpha Jet crash.
Speaking in Maiduguri, the CAS said, “despite the sad events of the past few days, now more than ever before is the time that the NAF must show strength, determination and remain undeterred and unrelenting until the entire North East is rid of terrorists and other criminal elements”.
Air Marshal Amao noted that, while a lot has been achieved towards degrading the capacity and capability of the insurgents, much more is needed to be done to achieve the desired level of peace and security in the Region. According to him, “We must continue to work assiduously, in synergy with sister Services and other security agencies, to ensure that peace and security of lives and property are achieved”.
On the issue of the crashed NAF Alpha-Jet aircraft, which was declared missing on 31 March 2021 after losing radar contact, the CAS stated that the videos being circulated on social media alluding that the aircraft was shot down were false.
According to him, ‘from critical analysis of all available intelligence, it was obvious that the air accident was caused by other factors soon to be unraveled.’ He went further to state that efforts were still on, in collaboration with the NA and other security agencies to find the crashed aircraft as well as the 2 pilots so as to bring the matter to closure.
The missing aircraft was supporting troops at one of the Theatres of Operation in the Northern part of the country.
Air Marshal Amao was accompanied on the visit by the Chiefs of Training & Operations, Aircraft Engineering and Logistics as well as some retired senior NAF officers.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer