Estimated Reading Time: 1
A member of the National Assembly from Plateau State, Haruna Maitala, is dead.
He died at the Federal Medical Centre in Keffi, Nasarawa State, following an auto crash involving his car along the Abuja-Jos Road.
The lawmaker’s media aide, Joseph Adudu, in a statement said, “This is to announce the death of Honourable Haruna Maitala which occurred yesterday, 2nd April, 2021 as a result of fatal car accident on his way to Jos from Abuja.
“Until his death, Haruna Maitala was the member representing Jos North/Bassa federal constituency in the National Assembly.
“He would be buried this (Saturday) morning according to Islamic rites.
“May God forgive his sins and grants him Aljanna fidau.”
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies