Estimated Reading Time: 1
Players and officials of Sunshine Stars Football Club have taken to the streets of Akure, the Ondo State capital to protest the poor handling of the team by the state government.
Led by the Team Captain, Mr Abe Sunday the players also took their protest to the entrance of the Governor’s office in Akure.
The protest Tuesday, grounded commercial activities in the state capital as the players and officials marched from the stadium to the governor’s office to register their grievances.
According to the players and officials, they are being owed about six month’s salary and match bonuses.
They appealed to the government to resolve the issue as it has affected their performance in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).
Ondo State Deputy Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, who added addressed them assured that their grievances will be addressed.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!