Estimated Reading Time: 1
A priest, Reverend Father Anthony Dawah of the Catholic Archdiocese of Kaduna, has been kidnaped by unidentified gunmen.
Daily Trust reports that he was kidnapped alongside the wife and child of a catechist and a domestic staff of the church located a place called Dogon Kurmi in Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna.
NewsWireNGR could not confirm more details of the abduction but the Communication Director of the Catholic Archdiocese of Kaduna, Reverend Father Stephen Onyena, confirmed the abduction.
The police Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammad Jalige, however said the command is not aware of the abduction.
The development comes three days after eight members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Kaduna were abducted.
Meanwhile, It’s almost three weeks since about 39 students of Federal College Of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna state were abducted by terrorists in their school hostels but yet to regain their freedom.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence