Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in Niger state has suspended former Governor, Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu over allegations of anti-party activities leading to cracks in the party.
The former governor was suspended during an emergency Stakeholders’ meeting of Chachanga local Area in Minna on Monday.
The PDP also accused the former governor of working against the Party and supporting the APC in the 2015 election as they added that he does not attend meetings and is working to disintegrate the party.
The meeting was attended by eight ward Chairmen of the party out of the 11 wards, elders and party faithful from Chanchaga LGA.
One of the Media Aides of the former Governor, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, Mr. Bala Bitrus said that the suspension is laughable as the state PDP does not have an executive in place to approve such suspension.
He said that the meeting held was illegal and holds no water adding that Aliyu will address the issue when he receives the communication about his suspension.
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student
- Support Buhari in fight against insecurity, APC begs Nigerians
- Security operatives kill 8 gunmen in foiled attack on Imo Police Headquarters
- ‘Senator Abaribe should be in prison for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu’ – Deputy Speaker says
- ‘Migrating persons seen in Kagarko LGA are travelling herders’ – Kaduna Government
- CBN extends deadline for dollar for naira promo
- Reuben Abati says Buhari’s ‘government will not allow transparency because it has something to hide’
- Anxiety in Abuja as security heightens over alleged Boko Haram attacks
- “We know your job is not easy, but we are proud of you” – Former Ogun Gov Daniel tells Osinbajo