Estimated Reading Time: 1
The father of one of the 39 abducted college students in Kaduna State, Ibrahim Shamaki, is dead.
Ibrahim was the father of Fatima Shamaki, one of the girls with hijab seen in the video that was released by bandits who invaded the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation in the Afaka area of the state.
According to family sources, late Shamaki died of a heart attack after he fell ill shortly after the news of his daughter’s abduction was broken to him.
He was said to have later died on Friday evening while his relatives were about to take him to a hospital for further medical treatment.
The news of Ibrahim’s death broke hours after the state government met with representatives of the grieving parents of the missing students at the Government House in the state capital.
This comes as Fatima Shamaki and the other abducted students prepare to spend their 15th night in the captivity of the bandits.
A group of armed men had on March 12, attacked the school – coming after the attacks by bandits on schools in Katsina, Niger, and Zamfara States.
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution