Estimated Reading Time: <1
Unidentified gunmen who abducted a pastor in charge of the Shiyona Baptist Church, Reverend Yohanna Bitrus in Ugwan Saye, Yakila community, Tegina, in the Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State are demanding N60 million as ransom.
The Punch reports that the incident happened at 2pm on Thursday.
The gunmen reportedly stormed the community and headed for the pastor’s house while shooting continuously to scare people aware.
Hours after the abduction, the kidnappers contacted the family to negotiate the terms of release which includes the N60 million ransom.
The family however complained bitterly that they have no means to raise the ransom.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student