Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, has Thursday, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to rescind the decision to spend $1.5bn on renovating the Port Harcourt refinery.
The former senator Melaye was reacting to Wednesday’s decision reached by the Federal Executive Council (FEC), approval of $1.5 billion for the repair of the Port Harcourt refinery.
In his argument posted on his twitter and Instagram social media pages, the Kogi Politician and now a member of the Opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, claims, the funding for the refinery is a move to “appropriate our common matrimony to a few individuals” .
“You want to use over N700 billion to renovate a dead refinery. Port Harcourt refinery is dead. Not only moribund, but dead,” .
In the two minutes video, Melaye said, “This money is going to be spent on embalmnent of a dead refinery. When would this stealing stop in this country? When will this inconsiderate corruption stop in this country?”
He then called on President Buhari to reverse FEC’s decision.
“As anti-corruption network, as patriotic citizens of this country, we call on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately reverse this satanic, wicked, nefarious decision.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer