Estimated Reading Time: 1
Terrorists on Tuesday attacked the convoy of the Emir of Birnir Gwari, Alhaji Zubaru Jibril Mai Gwari II.
The monarch’s convoy was attacked at Kaduna-Birnir Gwar highway while on his way to Kaduna.
A witness said the Emir was not in the vehicles during the attack.
Umar Jibril, the Emir’s driver, confirmed the incident, narrating that the 73-year-old monarch was elsewhere when it happened.
He said that the bandits had appeared in from of the vehicles which were in transit guns and threw tree branches on the road in an attempt to force them to stop.
“We did not stop, they targeted me, since I was driving but as Allah will have it, the bullet missed my head.”
He said apart from minor injuries sustained from shattered glasses, no one was injured.
Birnin Gwari; one of the Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, has recently been subjected to a barrage of terrorist attacks.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems