Estimated Reading Time: <1
The consumer price index which measures inflation increased to 17.33 per cent (year-on-year) in February 2021. This is the highest figure recorded in the country since April 2017.
The National Bureau of Statistics disclosed this in its Consumer Price Inflation report for February on Tuesday. It stated that the figure is 0.86% per cent points higher than the rate recorded in January 2020.
Also, the food inflation stood at 21.79 percent, the highest point since the 2009 data series began.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems