Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three pupils abducted when terrorists stormed UBE primary school at Rama in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State have escaped captivity.
The terrorists abducted the pupils and some teachers in an attack in the school on Monday morning.
According to a report from Daily Trust, a school teacher identified as Naomi Francis who escaped abduction in the morning attack said the three pupils of primary 3 had earlier been abducted but they wriggled free when the bandits attempted to rustle some cows and motorcycles at a nearby community.
She however said nothing is known of the three teachers earlier abducted alongside the pupils.
Narrating how the bandits penetrated the school, she said: “They came in after the morning assembly.
“We had all gone into the classrooms when six of the bandits came on motorcycles while others surrounded the school.
“I had stepped out from my class when I noticed students of primary 5 and 6 running out.
“I immediately alerted my students to run and they did.”
Also corroborating the teacher’s story, a resident, Mai Saje Rama, confirmed that the pupils had returned to the community but said the whereabouts of the teachers was uncertain.
“The vigilante that went after them came back without success, they could not locate the bandits,” he said.
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution