Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has disclosed it killed 25 members of the terror groups, Boko Haram / ISWAP in an operation around Chikun Gudu and Kerenoa, Borno State.
This was contained in a statement by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, on Wednesday in Abuja.
Mr Yerima in the statement said that the Tuesday operation was conducted by the
combined troops of Sector I Operation Lafiya Dole and 402 Special Forces Brigade.
He explained further that the soldiers commandeered two Browning machine guns, 20 AK-47 rifles, five FN rifles, two 60mm mortar tubes, and two general-purpose machine guns from the terrorists.
The statement added, “Other weapons captured during the operation include three anti-aircraft guns, two automatic grenade launchers, two gun trucks, and one CJTF Hilux, amongst others.
“The troops not swayed by the success project further to ensure no elements of the terrorists were left within the area.”
Mr. Yerima noted that the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, commended the troops and charged them to maintain the momentum.
The army chief also instructed the troops not to relent in their new offensive against the terrorists.
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student
- Support Buhari in fight against insecurity, APC begs Nigerians
- Security operatives kill 8 gunmen in foiled attack on Imo Police Headquarters
- ‘Senator Abaribe should be in prison for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu’ – Deputy Speaker says
- ‘Migrating persons seen in Kagarko LGA are travelling herders’ – Kaduna Government
- CBN extends deadline for dollar for naira promo
- Reuben Abati says Buhari’s ‘government will not allow transparency because it has something to hide’
- Anxiety in Abuja as security heightens over alleged Boko Haram attacks
- “We know your job is not easy, but we are proud of you” – Former Ogun Gov Daniel tells Osinbajo