Estimated Reading Time: 1
Dapit Karen, the niece of the Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Talen, who was kidnapped in the early hours of Monday, has regained freedom.
Karen was abducted at her residence in Rantiya Lowcost of South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
DailyTrust Newspaper reports that, a family source said the victim, who spent two days in captivity, was released after paying N2.5m ransom – the kidnappers had called to demand N5 million as ransom on Monday.
NewsWireNGR had reported that, the incident happened at Rantiya Locost, Dapit Karen, in Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
A relative to the victim, who confirmed the incident said the gunmen came around 5am when residents were still sleeping.
He said the kidnappers didn’t go with the victim’s mother who was staying with her.
When contacted, the spokesman of the State Police Command, Ubah Gabriel, confirmed the release of the victim but was silent on the payment of ransom.
The victim has reportedly been taken to one of her uncle’s house, which is consider safer.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer