Estimated Reading Time: 1
No fewer than (19) nineteen people have been abducted in Kutunku village in Wushishi local government area of Niger state on Monday.
Those abducted include eleven males and eight females including two would-be brides who are to get married this weekend.
The Gunmen had stormed the village in motorcycles shooting sporadically.
They were said to have beaten some of the villagers who could not escape on time – the terrorists ransacked houses and carted away a lot of money and foodstuff.
The community and the families of the abducted persons have not been contacted by the gunmen.
Meanwhile, gunmen, on Monday, killed at least four farmers in Konkobudo village, Idiyan axis, a border village located between Ibarapa North and Iwajowa Local Government Areas of Oyo State.
It was gathered that the gunmen on motorcycles stormed the village before sunrise on Monday and shot the farmers who were asleep on their farmland. The criminals also hacked their victims before fleeing the village.
A resident of the village, Ogunniyi Joel, said the remains of the victims have been taken away by men of the Nigeria Police Force in Iwajowa.
“They came over night on about 10 motorbikes, shot the four farmers, hacked them and left. One of those killed is Sunday Okanlawon, a close relation. No one knows their identities whether they were herdsmen or not but the bodies of the farmers have been taken away by the police,” he told newsmen.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami