Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State government has announced that it sealed 11 nightclubs, event centres and others over the weekend for violating the government directed protocols to stem the spread of the virus.
This was announced by the Director-General of the Lagos State Safety Commission (LSC) Lanre Mojola, after the sealing exercise on Sunday.
Mr Mojola, represented by Dr Wale Adeboje, the Events Safety Administrator of LSC, said the affected event centers informed the agency of their intention to organise parties and events, they however failed to meet the expectations of the agency on complying with COVID-19 protocols.
He added that the number of persons in the centres outnumbered the approved number of persons and disregarded other protocols of the COVID -19 Health Protection Regulations of the State and Federal Government.
“The event centres, bars and lounges sealed between Saturday and Sunday include, UBC Club, VGC, Sapearz Lounge, Awolowo road, Ikoyi, Bravo event centre, Ogba, Ronite Event Centre, Iju Road, Agege,” Mojola said.n
“Other sealed centres are, All Season Event Centre, Ipaja, OlaideAdeoluwa Memorial Hall, Carabana Lounge/Bar Isolo, Ajao Estate.
“DNA Victoria Island, Twist Lounge Kofo Abayomi Victoria Island, Carlsbad Lounge Adeniyi Jones Ikeja and Darts Event Centre, Grammar School, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos also contravened the COVID-19 protocols.
“The facilities were sealed for none compliance with the Event Safety Clearance that was issued to them by the commission.
“The commission will continue to monitor and enforce compliance across the state, while warning that all the COVID-19 violators and perpetrators will be summoned to the commission’s office in Alausa for further directives on what to do as far as their negligence and non-compliance is concerned.”
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami