Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen have attacked the staff quarters of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) in Kaduna, abducting nine persons, including a family of six and a housewife along with her two children.
Sources say the attackers stormed the quarters around midnight, between 12 and 12:am after gaining cces through the airports runway 05.
Henrietta Yakubu, FAAN spokesperson, confirmed the incident to newsmen
She said the suspected bandits attacked on Saturday morning, and abducted a number of the staff.
“They went away with about nine of our staff and their family members at the quarters,” she said.
Some residents said the cry from the victims had attracted the military personnel nearby who engaged the bandits in a gun battle. The battle was said to have lasted for hours, but the bandits eventually made away with the victims on motorcycles.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami