Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has decorated the new service chiefs with their new ranks with a charge for them to use the next few weeks to control the rising insecurity in parts of the country.
He performed the ceremony inside the council chamber of the presidential villa, Abuja on Friday.
The service chiefs and their new ranks are General Lucky Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Lieutenant-General Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Vice Admiral Awwal Zubairu, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air Marshal Isiaka Oladayo Amao, Chief of Air Staff.
The decoration ceremony was witnessed by the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo (SAN); the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Boss Mustapha; Defence Minister, Major-General Bashir Magashi (retd); and the Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari.
The new service chiefs were accompanied to the State House by their wives and other senior officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems