Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Anambra State Police Command has arrested a man identified as Kingsley Igwe of, for stabbing his wife, Oyinye Obi to death.
NewsWireNGR gathered that Igwe allegedly killed his wife with a kitchen knife on Thursday morning.
Confirming the arrest, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Haruna Mohammed disclosed that Igwe inflicted fatal injury on his wife with the kitchen knife.
He said, “At about 4am on Thursday, police operatives attached to 3-3 Police Station arrested one Kingsley Igwe, 35, of Nise in Awka South LGA but resident at Dueze Street Otigba in 3-3 Area of Anambra State.”
He added that the security operatives visited the scene and rushed the victim to Apex Hospital for treatment where she was confirmed dead.
The victim’s corpse has been deposited at the hospital’s morgue for autopsy, while the knife used in perpetrating the act was recovered and registered as an exhibit.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami