Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nasarawa State Governor Tuesday said the ongoing insecurity in Nigeria is beyond the capacity of Nigeria’s ruling All Progressives Congres, APC.
Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State during an interview on Channels Television flagship program, Politics Today and monitored by NewsWireNGR stated that, “This is beyond any political party, the situation we have today involvs all stakeholders,”.
He said Nigeria is going through difficult times and insisted “nobody said it is going to be easy”.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the ruling APC had campaigned to better the security situation in the country during the 2015 and the 2019 elections but the situation according to experts has deteriorated from when the party took over from the Opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
NewsWireNGR recalls, the Governor had only Monday, disclosed that members of Darul Salam, a splinter Boko Haram group, is regrouping in the state.
Meanwhile, Six persons have been killed by bandits during fresh village attacks in Igabi and Kauru Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Kaduna State.
This latest killing took place barely 24 hours after attacks by bandits in Zango Kataf and Chikun LGAs left 10 people dead.
The Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs in Kaduna, Samuel Aruwan, confirmed the attacks in a statement on Tuesday.
He explained that the armed bandits barricaded the Birnin Yero-Tami Road in Igabi LGA where one Hussaini Dari was killed and another resident, Dahiru Saidu, was injured.
Aruwan noted that the bandits also attacked Gwada village in the same local government and killed two persons – Yahuza Sale and Garba Sule.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t