Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that Zamfara State be declared a no fly-zone.
The National Security Adviser (NSA), retired Major General Babagana Monguno, disclosed this on Tuesday while briefing State House correspondents after a meeting of National Security Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Monguno said the President had also approved a ban on mining activities in Zamfara state to stop the rising insecurity.
The NSA, who also revealed that all non state actors had been placed under surveillance, said the federal government would not hesitate to use kinetic means to restore normalcy in the country .
He said defense and intelligence organisations had been charged not to allow the country slide into anarchy.
Monguno added that the President charged the new service chiefs to reclaim all areas under the control of bandits, insurgents and kidnappers.
“We can no longer avoid to lose lives while operating within the legalities,” he declared.
“We are not going to blackmailed . The government has the responsibility to assert its will.
“Citizens can reside wherever they want to reside . Anybody who is a criminal should be brought to book.
More details to follow…
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami