Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Police in Ogun State on Friday arrested and detained the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Oludare Kadiri, for alleged assault.
Mr Kadiri, who represents Ijebu-North at the state assembly, was said to have carried out the alleged assault on other members of the party during the membership revalidation exercise of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.
He reportedly led thugs to the residence of the Secretary to the State Government, Tokunbo Talabi, to attack him and also invaded the residence of a former state legislator Adebiyi Odugbesan, in Oru-Ijebu, Ijebu North Local Government Area of the state.
He had accused the two chieftains of hoarding the registration materials for the ongoing APC registration and revalidation exercise in the state.
Following complaints by those he allegedly assaulted, Mr Kadiri was arrested on Friday and subsequently detained at the Criminal Investigation Department at the Police headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta.
He was later released after interrogation.
Confirming the arrest, the Ogun State police public relations officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said Mr Kadiri is being investigated, hence the reason for the arrest.
“Some people in his area reported that he led thugs to the house of a former lawmaker where they attacked him and vandalised his house.
“They also said he vandalised the house of the SSG with the same thugs while a councillor in his local government said he forcefully seized the party’s registration materials and when the police went there to recover the materials, he assaulted them with thugs.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami