Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Commissioner of Police, Rivers State, Eboka on Friday dissolved a special police team codenamed the Eagle Crack Squad.
The squad recently came under scrutiny following allegations of extortion and professional conducts against its members.
A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, said the commissioner of police took the decision after a meeting with his Management Team.
He confirmed that dissolution came against the backdrop of complaints of unprofessional conduct exhibited by the personnel of the unit.
Omoni recaled that the CP in his maiden press briefing on promised to address all cases of infractions by the police and increase supervision of the men, with a stern warning to deal with erring officers and to hold deputy police officers and heads of departments vicariously liable.
He said the dissolution was with immediate effect and asked all personnel attached to the unit to report to the headquarters for redeployment.
He appealed to members of the public public to rekindle their trust in the police, adsing that the command was committed to giving them improved policing services.
The statement reads: “The Commissioner of Police, CP Eboka Friday has dissolved the Eagle Crack Squad. This was done this morning after a meeting with his Management Team.
“The dissolution is coming on the heels of Complaints of unprofessional conduct exhibited by the Personnel of the Unit.
“Recall that the CP in his Maiden Press Briefing on Tuesday promised to address all cases of infractions by the Police and increase supervision of the men, with a stern warning to deal with erring officers and hold DPOs/HODs vicariously liable.
“The dissolution is with immediate effect and all Personnel attached to the Unit are to report to the Headquarters for redeployment.
The public is hereby enjoined to rekindle their trust in the Police, as the Command is committed to giving them improved Policing services that will stand the test of time”.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami