Estimated Reading Time: 1
There have been reports of Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri, Borno state capital, late Tuesday evening. TheCable reports that according to a military source, insurgents were attempting to infiltrate Maiduguri but they were repelled around the Kaleri area.
A resident who confirmed the attack, said, “I was on my way to the mosque when I started hearing the sounds of explosions, followed by that of gunshots.
“The sounds were coming from Gwange area of the town.”
Another resident said: “What I hear is that the insurgents are trying to come into town through Mairi village, close to the University of Maiduguri.”
Yakaka, a Twitter user, also confirmed that he heard the blasts.
When contacted, Mohammed Yerima, army spokesperson, said he was yet to be informed of the attack. “I just spoke with the theatre commander and he did not tell me of any blasts yet,” he said.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls