Estimated Reading Time: 1
Grammy-nominated multi-award-winning Nigerian Afrofusion superstar, Damini Ogulu known as Burna Boy has featured with an array of world stars in the latest Pepsi “the fizz of the brand” commercial.
The commercial which is in support of an ongoing partnership with the Union of European Football Associations Champions League featured six-times Ballon D’or winner, Lionel Messi; reigning FIFA World Cup champion Paul Pogba; UEFA Women’s Championship League winner Shanice van de Sanden; and Borussia Dortmund star, Jadon Sancho.
Grammy-nominated Burna Boy teamed up with pop star Becky G to produce the music track of 45 seconds commercial.
“This is the seventh year that PepsiCo has a relationship with UEFA,” says Esperanza Teasdale, VP and general manager of PepsiCo’s Hispanic Business Unit. And for its newest supporting campaign, the company set out on a mission of “celebrating the energy and passion of the game with the biggest players,” she says.
Burna Boy’s feature in the Pepsi commercial is another seal on a successful career that has gone international.
On The 24th of November 2020, Burna Boy Album ‘Twice As Tall’ was Nominated under the World Music Album category in the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards alongside other entertainers like Antibalas, Bebel Gilberto, Anoushka Shankar and Tianariwen. This is the second year in a row that the singer is getting a nomination in this category.
He won an Edison award in the World Album category for African Giant, and the Best International Act at the Mobo Awards on December 9, shaking off stiff competition
from.Drake, Megan Thee Stallion, Lil Baby and Roddy Ricch.
Burna Boy?s ?Destiny? was included in the playlist at the inauguration of Joe Biden.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom