Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Major-General Ibrahim Attahiru, has given 48 hours ultimatum to the troops of the Nigerian Army, Operation Lafiya Dole, to clear Marte Local Government Area of Borno State, which was recently attacked and taken over by the Boko Haram sect.
He also directed the troops to clear Kirenowa, Kirta, Wulgo, Chikingudo communities of Marte and Ngala local government areas in the state.
Attahiru gave the ultimatum on Sunday while addressing troops of the Nigerian Army Super Camp 9, Dikwa.
He said: “areas around Marte, Chikingudu, Wulgo Kirenowa and Kirta must be cleared in the next 48 hours.
“You should rest assured of all support you required in this very onerous task.
“I have just spoken to the Theater Commander and the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, you must not let this nation down. Go back and do the needful and I will be right behind you.
“You are aware of the recent attack on Dikwa and Marte, you should not allow this to happen again, go after them and clear these bastards,” Attahiru said.
While appreciating the efforts of the troops in the fight against Boko Haram, the COAS said: “I am here to deliver the greetings of Mr President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces, Muhammadu Buhari. I have spoken with your Commanders, we are going to provide you the equipment and weapons you need to end this war.
“We are also going to address the issue of overstay in the theater. No more issue of overstay.”
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara