Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Sokoto State House of Assembly has passed a bill for the establishment of the state Hisbah Board.
This followed the adoption of the report of the House Joint Committee on Religious Affairs, Judiciary and Human Rights at plenary.
Presenting the report, Chairman of the Committee Alhaji Abubakar Yabo (APC- Yabo), said that the committee consulted widely among stakeholders before arriving at its decisions.
The lawmakers unanimously adopted the report after a voice vote by Speaker Aminu Achida who presided over the sitting.
The doctrine is based on an expression from the Quran (????? ??????????? ??????? ?? ?????????). Differences in scholarly debates over the duty to “command right and forbid wrong” stemmed from the positions taken by jurists (?ulam??) on questions regarding who precisely was responsible for carrying out the duty, to whom it was to be directed, and what its performance entailed. In modern times, the term has been used in some countries as a rationale for Islamic religious police.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government