Estimated Reading Time: 1
Suspected members of Boko Haram insurgents have Tuesday, invaded, Egiri, Zira I and II villages of Biu Local Government Area in Southern Borno Senatorial District, setting ablaze over 140 residential houses, carting away foodstuff and livestock.
Zira is 5 kilometers away from Gur village which was attacked last Friday leaving four persons dead and setting ablaze residential houses and vehicles.
Zira and Gur were peaceful communities located near Buratai, the home town of the former Chief of Army Staff, General Yusuf Tukur Buratai.
According to sources this is the second time the insurgents are attacking the village in the same month.
Source in Biu Local Government Area confirmed the recent destructions by insurgents in the three communities to TVC News.
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results