Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gbenga Daniel, former Ogun State Governor has defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Mr Daniel who was a two-term governor of Ogun State under the PDP membership will on Tuesday sign his membership into the APC.
His defection comes as a blow to the PDP bid to regain the presidency in 2023 as he was the campaign manager for Atiku Abubakar during the 2019 presidential election.
Daniel in a statement apologised to his former party for the short notice and his defection.
The statement said, “Dear Friends & Colleagues, pardon my short notice in informing you of my route to the APC which as you might have suspected started with my supporting Governor Dapo Abiodun during the last election.
“I have since experienced an avalanche of encouragement to come on board.
“However, in the last 48 hours things took a dizzying speed with the decision of the APC National Chairmans request to visit me at Asoludero on Wed with about 3 Governors. While planning for the visit Governor Abiodun also decided to visit me later today with another set of Governors later today. It therefore mean that I have finally been ‘captured’
“I thought I should quickly brief the house before the news go viral. Thanks for your understanding” he wrote.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government