Estimated Reading Time: 1
A train and a loaded trailer waa involved in a head-on collision on Fagba road, Lagos state at about 8.52 am on Monday morning.
The accident occurred at Mofolasayo Drive, Jonathan Coker Road Level Crossing, Fagba road, Iju/Ishaga.
It could not be ascertained if casualties were recorded at the scene but NewsWireNGR gathered that law enforcement officials are already handling the situation
According to reports, the trailer attempted to drive past the railway just as the train was approaching, but was unfortunately rammed into by the train conveying passengers to their respective destinations.
Eyewitnesses said the incident has disrupted the free flow of traffic in the axis as motorists have been advised to seek alternative routes.
A video of the incident below shows the train and the trailer stuck at the scene while some passengers can be heard blaming the driver of the trailer for reckless driving.
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration
- 2.3 million Nigerians register for COVID-19 vaccine in less than 24 hours – NPHCDA