Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to “wake up from his slumber” and ensure security of lives and property in the country.
The opposition party, in a statement signed by Kola Ologbondiyan, its national publicity secretary, said the crisis in various parts of the country is as a result of the “insensitive, divisive and parochial approach to governance” by the Buhari-led administration.
PDP noted that the country has degenerated into sectional disagreements and violent conflicts, and urged the present administration to work towards ensuring peace and security.
“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) expresses deep concerns over the rising sectional disagreements and violent conflicts in various parts of the country, which are being exacerbated by the insensitive, divisive and parochial approach to governance by the Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) administration,’’ Ologbondiyan said.
“The party laments the escalated sectional conflicts in various parts of the country; the bloody ethnic clashes currently raging in Ibadan, Oyo state in addition to similar clashes recorded in Benue, Taraba, Kogi, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano, as well as other states of the federation.
“The PDP calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to note that the once cohesive and economically thriving nation handed over to him in 2015 is fast collapsing in his hands due to his failure to effectively manage the economy, inability to administer the complex political and sectional nuances of the nation, as well as manifest lack of capacity to confront terrorists, bandits and kidnappers ravaging our country.”
Ologbondiyan urged Nigerians to remain calm and vigilant, while calling on Buhari to take steps to unite the nation by ensuring justice for victims of criminal activities.
“The PDP urges President Buhari to wake up from slumber, end the divisive tendencies of the APC administration and, without further delay, take urgent steps to guarantee peaceful co-existence in our country by ensuring strict adherence to extant provisions of the 1999 constitution, especially regarding our federal structure and sensibilities,’’ he said.
“While calling for calm and vigilance, our party charges President Buhari to take steps to unite the nation by ensuring justice in the face of infractions against our federal sensibilities as a people.
“The PDP stressed that the nation is already distressed by unbridled violence, wanton killings and bloodletting by terrorists, bandits and kidnappers, who the Buhari administration has failed to contain, and cannot stand the trauma of sectional conflict at this critical time.’’
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe