Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Government (LASG) has announced the closure of the Yaba Overpass temporarily from Tuesday February 10 to February 23 to commence soil testing for the Red line rail.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, said in a statement on Tuesday in Lagos, that the closure was in line with the Lagos State Multimodal Master Plan Transport System, with reference to the Red line rail system.
Oladeinde said the lane closure was necessary to commence soil testing along Yaba, Murtala Mohammed Way and Ojuelegba Area (Tejuosho).
According to him, the exercise is part of the Traffic Management Plan to actualise the Light-Rail Mass Transit Red line phase 1, Oyingbo to Agbado.
The commissioner advised motorists to utilise the main carriageway during the temporary closure.
He gave the assurance that Traffic Management personnel would be on ground to direct traffic to minimise inconveniences.
Oladeinde, however, implored residents, especially motorists that ply these corridors to stay calm and cooperate with the interventions put in place to bring lasting solutions to transportation challenges in the state.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls