Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, has ordered the closure of Abuja’s popular Wuse market, the UTC shopping Centre and the Morg Plaza both in Area 10 of the Garki district of the capital city.
The Head of Publicity and Enlightenment of the FCT Ministerial Task Team on COVID-19, Ikharo Attah, who disclosed this while addressing journalists at the Eagles Square, shortly after the presiding Magistrate of the mobile court, Idayat Akanni, gave the order.
The Ministerial taskforce team explained that the commercial areas violated all COVID-19 guidelines, hence the Magistrate ordered the closure and the decision was in line with the enforcement of the executive order of President Muhammad Buhari.
About one hundred offenders were also arraigned before the mobile court in Abuja, for violating COVID-19 safety protocols, especially the non-use of face masks.
The trial magistrate, Idayat Akanni, fined the violators N2,000 each, with an option of two weeks of community service.
According to Magistrate Akanni, the convicts were given lesser penalties because they were first time offenders.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom