Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chairperson of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Benue State, Comrade Victoria Asher, has died.
A statement released by Moses Akarhan, the NUJ State Secretary, indicated that Asher died Saturday at about 8:00 am at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Makurdi after a Ceascrean Section surgery.
Akarhan also stated that the Council will give notice for an emergency Congress to that effect in due course.
The late Asher was delivered of a set of twins – male and female on January 23, 2021, before the complications arose.
She emerged Chairman of the NUJ, Benue Council in December 2018 after the demise of her predecessor, David Ukuma, who came into office on July 3, 2018, and served only two months before he died.
Asher, until her death, worked with the State’s owned Radio station.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom