Estimated Reading Time: 1
There was confusion on Thursday after members of host communities broke into a fight at the venue of the public hearing on the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).
The fight broke out when the host communities of Nigeria Producing Oil and Gas was called to the podium to make a presentation at the public hearing which was held at the House of Representatives in the National Assembly Complex
The fight started when one of the leaders from Itsekiri stood up to speak.
He was opposed by other members of host communities present and a fight ensued leading to pandemonium in the hall.
The police had to break up the fight, prompting the house ad-hoc committee on PIB to allow each host community to speak.
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency