Estimated Reading Time: 1
The members of the Federal Executive Council held a minute silence for three former ministers before commencing the 31st virtual FEC meeting held at the State House in Abuja on Wednesday.
The former ministers, Dauda Birma, Mohammadu Gambo Jimeta and Abdullahi Ibrahim passed away in January.
Dauda Birma who served as the Minister of Education from 1997 to 1998, died on the 5th January 2021 at the age of 80.
Mohammadu Gambo Jimeta died on the 21st January, at the age of 83. He was the Minister of Agriculture from 1997 to 1995-1997.
Abdullahi Ibrahim was Minister of Education, Science, and Technology as well as transport aviation between 1984 and 1985.
President Muhammadu Buhari presided over the meeting and the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha were physically in attendance.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government