Estimated Reading Time: 1
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike says even though the appointments of new service chiefs came late, the President should be commended for listening to the voice of the people.
In a statement signed by his commissioner for information and communication, Paulinus Nsirim, the Governor challenged the new appointees to see their appointments as an opportunity to re-engineer the
nation’s security architecture which has suffered tremendous setback in the last five years.
” The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians.
“What the country needs now is competence and professionalism that will reduce insecurity to the barest minimum, ” he stated.
Governor Wike noted that Nigerians who lost confidence in the former Service Chiefs are looking up to the new appointees to make the desired change.
He called on all levels of government to give the Service Chiefs the needed support they would require to execute their assignments.
“This is an opportunity to serve the nation and I believe that the Service Chiefs will be focused and dedicated, ” he added.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom