Estimated Reading Time: 1
Omo Ghetto (The Saga), a comedy co-directed by Funke Akindele-Bello and husband, JJC Skills has become the highest grossing Nollywood movie.
The movie which was released on December 25 2020 broke the record held by Wedding Party, a movie by Kemi Adetiba four years ago.
The feat of the comedy movie was announced by the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN) after it held the number one spot for its third week in a row.
“Omo Ghetto’ has officially broken a four year’s record by knocking off Kemi Adetiba’s 2016 Comedy, The Wedding Party. The movie has been Nollywood highest grossing movie with N453,000,000. In the third place is ‘The Wedding Party 2’ with N433,197,377.” the statement read.
Omo Ghetto is a sequel to an ‘Omo Ghetto’ released in 2010 and it features stars such as Funke Akindele-Bello (as Lefty) alongside, Chioma Akpotha (as Chummy Choko), Eniola Badmus (as Busty), Bimbo Thomas (as Nikky), Akah Nnani (as Mario), Alex Ekubo (Obi Wire), Zubby Michael (as Aza Man), Deyemi Okanlawon (as Stone), Timini Egbuson, Nancy Isime, Paschaline Alex, Mercy Aigbe among others.
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’
- ‘PDP Governors’ Forum meeting is a waste of time’ – APC says
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months